What your organization needs to hold a raffle

Holding a raffle is a form of gambling and raffle sales will be taxed. Student organizations must complete and sign the gambling license application form and submit to the Student Organization Business Office (SOBO) for approval, in addition to completing an Event Information Form (EIF) for the event. Once approved, a copy of the gambling license must be picked up at 132 IMU and displayed at any location where raffle tickets are being sold, and at the time the winner is announced. Student organizations must use a secure cash box (available for rent from the IMU Business Office, 132 IMU). Please review and comply with all University cash handling rules. Gambling other than raffles is prohibited.

For more information on holding a raffle, contact Student Organization Business Office (132 IMU) at (319) 335-3065 or sobo@uiowa.edu.

More topics: