Late Night Grant Funding
For questions or concerns please contact Late Night Programs staff at email@example.com.
Late Night Program Grant Funding Checklist
- There are no application deadlines instead applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to your event to give the committee enough time to review your submission.
- Registered student organization events must be submitted to and approved through the Engage Platform. Additional information about managing your student organization can be found here.
- Organizations may receive (but are not guaranteed) a maximum of $2,500 per fiscal year. Receiving funding one year does not guarantee your group will receive funding (or the same amount of funding) the following year.
- Events parameters are time-based:
- Thursdays and Fridays- events may start no earlier than 7pm
- Saturdays and Sundays- events may start no earlier than 11am
1. Complete Before Submitting Application:
- Two representatives from your organization need to attend our Alcohol Harm Reduction Training lead by a Student Involvement Ambassador. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time for a virtual training.
- Be sure your organization is currently registered with your organization’s specific governing body or UI Department (USG or GPSG, ARH, PHC, IFC, NPHC, MGC, or UI Department) at the time of the applications and at the time of the event or program.
- Check to see if your event meets all the requirements to be eligible for Late Night Grant Funding, please refer to the ‘Event Requirements’ section at the bottom of the page.
2. Complete Before Your Event:
- Create a budget in an excel file format (a budget will be needed for your application). Budgets should include ALL projected income and expenses AND indicate what specific items/budget lines are requested from Late Night Grant Funding. Sample acceptable budgets are listed below:
*Ineligible funding expenses include travel, conferences, regular organization meetings, hotels, and purchasing equipment (rental of equipment is allowed)
- Fill out and submit the Late Night Grant Funding Application Form on Engage (application submission needs to at least 3 weeks prior to your event for the committee to review).
Click HERE to fill out the application
- Contact email@example.com so you can be provided with swipe information, which will be used during the event to collect attendance and demographic data. If attendance isn’t collected, the Late Night Grant Funding Committee has the right to deny requested funding.
3. Complete After Your Event:
- Fill out and submit the Late Night Grant Funding Evaluation Report on Engage (the post-event Evaluation Report needs to be submitted within 2 weeks following after your event). This evaluation must be completed and submitted online before payment will be transferred to your organization account.
Click HERE to fill out the post-event Evaluation Report
- Events must begin no earlier than 7:00 PM on Thursdays and Fridays and no earlier than 11:00 AM on Saturdays and Sundays
- Events must be alcohol free
- Events can be held in-person (on- or off-campus), virtual, or hy-brid
- Events must be open to all University of Iowa students
- Funding support and requests must be consistent with UI policy (e.g. risk management, purchasing)
- Late Night Programs require events to use SWIPE technology to collect participation data.
- For in-person events, make your swipe reservation at Leadership & Engagement Checkout Site. Swipe checkouts are available 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday thru Friday, so if your event is over the weekend, be sure to create your checkout for the Friday before the event.
- For virtual and/or hy-brid events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to implement SWIPE technology for the event
- Event must follow Student Organization Guidelines
The Late Night Programs Grant Funding Committee is composed of members from the following UI departments, student organizations, and community partners:
Iowa Memorial Union, Multicultural and International Student Support and Engagement, Recreational Services, Student Engagement and Campus Programs, Student Wellness, Student Organization Business Office (non-voting)
All applications must be submitted online. We will not accept paper submissions.
The Late Night Programs Grant Funding committee reserves the right to table any application and follow up to request more detailed information.
Failure to follow guidelines listed above could result in restriction of future funding.